It was not in God’s design for us to walk in weakness, insecurity and lack. God’s desire is for us to be confident, hear His voice, walk in wisdom and live like Jesus. God gave us the Holy Spirit so we would be strengthened with all of His glorious power. That’s why God has extended His undeserved, unearned and unmerited grace. Understanding the truth about His kindness toward us brings transformation. It brings transformation that enables us to live in the power of God as a man or woman, just as Jesus did.
As we look to be transformed by God, it’s important to remember:
- The access code to heaven’s blessings is surrender
- To take up the cross is to put to death my way to follow His way
- Jesus lived as a man surrendered to God
We are encouraged to surrender our will and obey God by understanding:
- Grace enables me to die to myself and obey God
- Obedience does not earn heaven’s blessings; it releases them
- This enabling grace is not earned, it’s received as we fellowship with God
- We can’t steward the blessing of God with a world mindset
- Describe a time when you obeyed God and saw His blessing come because of it. Describe a time when you disobeyed God and experienced the consequences.
- What may make it difficult to surrender your will to God and obey Him? Where do you think those struggles come from? What practical things can you do to break through those strongholds and commit to obeying God?
- Do you ever feel the need to earn God’s grace? If so, why? How can you receive God’s grace without feeling like you have to earn it? How does receiving God’s free grace, enable you to walk in your full purpose?
- Do you believe that you’ve been created to do great exploits for the glory of Christ? If so, what does that look like in your heart? If not, what may hinder you from believing God has created you to do mighty works?
- How can you continue to steward God’s grace? How will doing so increase the grace you’ve been given? How will the increase continue to reveal the goodness of God in the lives around you?
Colossians 1:6,21-23, Colossians 2:11-12, Romans 8:29, Ephesians 1:3, Matthew 16:24, Hebrews 5:7-8, Ephesians 1:19-20, 2 Peter 1:2, Daniel 11:32