God created us to experience a full file of His presence, love and purpose; and because we don’t always understand everything God is doing in the natural, we often times respond with fear. The issue is responding in fear has the potential to limit our forward progress. Yet, God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind. It’s vital for us to remember how we respond determines whether or not fear will take a hold of us.
- Distorts our vision.
- Causes us to respond in a faithless way.
- Dislodges us from trusting what God has said.
- Prevents fullness.
We overcome fear by:
- Affirming God is with us.
- Speaking to fear.
- Meditating on God’s power.
- Growing in love.
- Bring God into the situation.
Numbers 14:9-10, 1 Peter 5:8-9, Ephesians 6:13-14, Psalm 27:1, 1 John 4:18, Roman 8:28