God created all of us to be leaders regardless of our position within our families and workplaces; and while we hope to lead well, we often times take on unnecessary pressure because we make our situations all about us. We believe the success of those following us is a product of our own strength. We end up placing all the weight on our shoulders even though God said He would exchange our heavy burden for one that is light. God is calling us to Him so He can take the pressure off us, allowing us to freely represent Him to the world.
Pressures we face:
- Personal – Believing that I have to do everything right.
- Historical – Believing we should/shouldn’t be like people we’ve seen in our lives.
- Outside – Believing we have to lead like everyone else.
We give God our pressure by :
- Declaring our identity – declare yourself to be who He says you are.
- Pursuing our purpose – give Him glory along the way everyday.
- Believe He’s taking us to our destiny – look ahead of the situation because He is your overcomer.
- Rest on His endless supply – believe His supply will leak into your supply.
John 1:1-8, ?1 Peter 2:9, 1 Corinthians 10:31, John 14:3, 1 Peter 1:3